ALOHA..friends..long time no BLOG..LOL This is something thats been on my mind a lot lately….FOOD + MOOD!!! Did you know that low self-confidence can be associated with Poor eating habits?? Geez, no wonder…..Coming to the end of this pregnancy…Im taking control again so I can be happy. We all know that balance is important and the key is to incorporate all the main food groups but here are some KEY FOODS that are especially good to include. Hope you find these helpful!
- Low levels of Vitamin B6 and other B vitamins, including thiamine (B1) -all of these are linked to mood and self esteem….crazy right?! Where do we find more of these? PROTEIN FOODS: lean meat (especially turkey and chicken) , fish, eggs, nuts speaking nuts have you tried these amazing nut butters??? Wild friends have so many amazing flavors made from different nuts with all natural ingredients Wild friends, seeds, soy beans, and bananas…..eat up!
2. Did you know that IRON is so important for that mood-enhancing chemical and serotonin, keep the happy going!! IRON FOODS: Red meat, egg yolks, whole grains, nuts, legumes, and green leafy vegetables….brocoli, spinach, asparagus…..Eat yo greens!
3. Lets Talk SUGAR….my weakness…eek but something that i know and can definitely feel is not soo good for me:/ Yes, it gives a bot of energy, but it is a serious MOOD KILLER too. The KEY is to aim for foods that release energy slowly…….which help stabilize your mood. GOOD FOODS: Oats, lentils, quinoa, asparagus, tomatoes, cauliflower, cucumbers, broccoli, sweet potatoes, nuts, beans, water melon. legumes,
TRY THESE SUGARS OUT INSTEAD OF PROCESSED SUGAR: Stevia, coconut sugar, agave, raw honey. I would love to know what you use:)
Give these little tips a try and see your mood change for the better! I know for me when Im eating better for my mood and insides I feel a lot better and look a lot better on the outside, theres no doubt about that! After all if we feel good then we treat the people around us a lot better too!
Lets kick the bad habits together ,Take the CHALLENGE with Me:
- Kick the soda….blahhhh I’m not normally a soda drinker just when I’m pregnant and then it just lingers a little after ….;)
- Eliminate the processed sugars….this is another baby issue;) lol that is definitely getting the boot
- Eating every 3 hours!!! 6 SMALLER MEALS A DAY. I notice when I do this: I can think clearly and make better/ smarter choices for my food intake. Im not starving and shoving anything in my mouth. My body feels and looks a lot better. I don’t over eat and feel poopy!
- Drink MORE WATER!!! DUH , RIGHT!
- Eat a lean protein snack an hour before bed….this is the best trick Ive learned. Normally people are not eating after 7, 8 blah blah blah! Really , I’ve learned that eating a lean protein helps keep your body from starvation mode and continues burning through the night!!
***ALL PHOTOS BY: CAMBRIA
- FREE HOTMESS WORKOUT FOR YOUlets sweat
***Lets do it, take this with me through SEPTEMBER….WE GOT THIS!
LOVE AND ALOHA,