Disney at a whole new level…..A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to take my dance teams “Kalamity and Kaos” from my studio The Vault , on their end of the year trip to Disney land (click to learn about My Studio . YES, Disneyland is the happiest place on earth so we decided to turn it up a notch and join in on the magic! Instead of just going and going for own enjoyment. We decided to mix up some service in it with a “Service Scavenger hunt” yes we still got to enjoy the rides, food, entertainment, etc. but this experience brought it to a whole new level and really made for great memories that we wouldn’t have gotten just by going to Disney land for ourselves!
We split the dancers into 2 groups, and set a time to be done each dancer had to fulfill the hunt individually but they could travel as a group! The winner would receive a Disney souvenir. This was so much fun watching the dancers go above and beyond. Yes, at first they were like “Ugh” but only for the first hour then once they started they were having a blast and actually started adding their own service in the mix. 2 of my dancers started buying mickey suckers for the little princess and taking pics with them. They probably spent more on suckers then on them selves at Disney! So cute and so much fun talking at the end of each night hearing all the stories they would come back with.
So if your going to Disney soon take this on as The Ultimate Disney Experience.
Disney Service Scavenger Hunt: Day 1
*Rules: Take selfie or video with people served. Finish by 5pm.
- offer gum to 3 strangers
- offer a snack to 5 strangers
- Do “the whip” with a stranger
- Pick up 25 pieces of trash ( this was actually the hardest, dang Disney has trash cans set up every 30 steps:)
- Offer to clear a strangers table
- Let stranger butt you in line , 3 different rides
- Give up your bathroom stall to the person in back of you, 3 different times
- Meet 20 strangers and learn their names
- Flash mob “ju ju on that beat”
- Say Hi and Smile to everyone around you.
Disney Service Scavenger hunt Day2:
*Rules: Selfies or Videos with people. Finish by 5pm.
- Compliment 25 strangers
- Hug 10 strangers
- offer to take 20 strangers pics
- Teach and do the “Macarena” 5 different times
- Tell 20 different Disney workers they are doing a “Great Job”
- Share something you love with 5 strangers
- Take pics with all the little girls dressed up as Princess’ make them feel like they are the REAL PRINCESS. (as many as you can)
- Ask a white jump suit worker to give a “Magical moment” to a stranger
- Wipe down the bathroom counters 5 different times
“As we lose ourselves in the service of others we discover our own lives and our own happiness” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
“Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.”
“Your greatness is not what you have, its what you give”
We had a blast and i know my dancers will remember this experience forever. If you decide to take it on , write me and let me know how it goes. I would love to hear your experience or if you make a S.S.H of your own, please share it with me!!!!
***10 Disney Tips from “THE PROS” ***
- Get at the Gates at 7:30am! that way you will have at least 3 hours of short lines and and enjoyable fun time with no crowds!
- If you have littles go to Fantasy land first “Peter Pan” and all the historic rides first!
- Get Fast Passes for Space Mtn., Indiana Jones, Mattahorn and Splash Mtn. in that order 🙂
- Don’t watch the 1st night parade, watch the 2nd one down by “its a small world” perfect seating for fire works too! While the 1st parade is going go catch indianan jones and the bigger rides —small lines—
- Use single Riders for Bigger rides ….i always forget about single rider!
- Make sure to watch “Mickeys Magical Map” soon much fun!!!
- Eat the Funnel Cake/ churro over at “The Bear Paw”
- In California Adventure go see “Frozen” or whatever is playing at the time in the Hollywood theatre ITS AMAZING!!!
- Be sure to ride “Screamin” in California adventure early in the morning (2nd day) ride it 1st you can get on it 2xs:) in a row!
- there are portable “refillable” phone chargers in the locker rooms for only $30 and you can refill as many times as you want each day, pay once and refill for all days!!! LIFE SAVER RIGHT THERE!!! AND DONT FORGET TO BE HAPPY YOUR IN DISNEY LAND!!!
***OF COURSE DRESS COMFORTABLE , TENNIS SHOES, LEGGINS especially for my belly, mine from Ingrid and Isabel backpack, fanny pack for quick $ access, hat, and lots of snacks!
***Nowadayz always some carbination on hand for that heart burn:)
Thank you so much for stopping by and reading PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW HOTMESSFITNESS
DONE FORGET YOUR AMAZING ….SAY IT ” I AM AMAZING”
LOVE AND ALOHA,