Hotmess workouts are only 20% of our full body (inside and out) transformation. Nutrition is 80%! That means that what we put into our bodies is more important than the workout. Each week at Hotmess Fitness we have healthy tips (provided by our resident nutrition expert, Chelsea!) we share with the Hotmess Hotties!
Week One of session 13 was all about eating your green!
- We need to aim for 2 servings of greens a day. That is 2 cups raw or 1 cup cooked. Put your spinach, kale, chard, arugula, or collard greens in soups, salads, smoothies, or whatever else you can think of!
- Eating greens every day may be on of the most powerful steps to prolong your life!
- The chlorophyll in greens generates a critical molecule Q10 which is a powerful antioxidant!
- Greens are full of Vitamin K (prevents blood clots), calcium, Vitamin C, and other minerals!
Greens are low in fat, high in fiber, and packed with nutrients!!
Eat yo greens!!
Week Two’s healthy tip is all about getting the essential fats our body needs!
We need those Omegas! It is a lot easier for us to get Omega 6 than it is for us to get Omega 3.
- Omega 3-Just one tablespoon of flax seed meal or chia seeds a day is enough! Sprinkle it in a smoothie, over a salad, or put it in pancakes. So many possibilities! The flavor is subtle so you won’t notice it! You can also go for walnuts, soybeans, or spinach.
- Omega 6-Just one tablespoon of chia seeds, or a serving of raw nuts/seeds or avocado and you have it!